Wednesday, May 16, 2012

in theaters this summer


Summer time is swiftly approaching, and no one is more excited than me. T’is the season of the blockbuster. Movies choices just tend to be much better during the summer to me. Normally I’m not that big on going to the movies. I used to never have any time. These days I only work a four day week during the summer. I’ve got time to spare. And what better way to do so than in a nice air conditioned movie theater. With the upcoming summer schedule I can’t help but want to see quite a few movies. On any give Friday matinee you might catch me at the following movies:


1.       The Avengers – Everyone has said this movie is great. And they have the Hulk.

2.       Dark Shadows – I love Johnny Depp! That’s enough reason for me to see anything he’s in. Plus this movie just has enough mixture of Goth and comedy to draw me in.

3.       Battleship – You sunk my battleship. Honestly, the premise of the movie kind of sucks, but I still want to see it.

4.       Men in Black III – Have you seen Josh Brolin as a young Agent K? He’s spot on as Tommy Lee Jones.

5.       Snow White and the Huntsmen – This Snow White isn’t just a damsel in distress. She kicks butt.

6.       Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted – Most cartoon movies are always a top priority on my list. And I cracked up laughing from the previews alone.

7.       Rock of Ages – I saw the preview and was hooked. I blame Glee. It makes me like random rock songs.

8.       Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter – Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was a great book. Seeing the movie adaption of this one will probably make me read it.

9.       G.I. Joe Retaliation – I’m mad most of the cast from the first movie isn’t in this one. But I do so love a good action film.

10.   Ice Age Continental Drift – I need to actually see Ice Age 3 first. I have time before this comes out. The other movies were hilarious.

11.   Sparkle – It’s Nippy’s last role! I must pay homage. A box of tissue will be kept nearby. You know I’m a bucket of tears.


No comments:

Post a Comment