Wednesday, February 6, 2013

the silver fox

She found her first gray hair too!
Somebody grab a bottle of Clairol ASAP! The gray is coming! Yes, yours truly found her first gray hair on Saturday. There had been a series of false alarms (mainly because a certain white cat is always in my bed which leads to white fur always in my hair), but this time it is official. My dad went gray in his early 30s and I have several other cousins who got silver locs at a young age. It wasn't much of a surprise that I've found gray already.

So far I've only spotted one gray strand, but I welcome any others. Personally, I think my hair will look just as fabulous when gray. I always wanted a streak of gray like Alexandra Cabot from Josie and the Pussycats. Perhaps my wish is coming true. Picture my awesome 'fro in a beautiful silver color. Or maybe I'll rock a silver two-strand twist updo. The possibilities are limitless for my future silver locs. Of course I'm probably jumping the gun a bit. One hair does not mean I will be gray by the end of the week.

At any rate I have no plans to dye my hair should I go completely gray. I can't even choose a color right now to dye my hair. Do I want to be a red head or try a lighter brown? I stand in the hair dye section at Walmart for hours never leaving with one color. And is dye going to mess with my hair texture? My hair already soaks up moisture like a sponge. Dye might turn it into the Sahara dessert. Thinking about all that in depth would just stress me out. I tend to stress over little things very easily (maybe that's why I've got a gray hair). Of course if gray hair makes me look 80 when I'm only 30 I will most definitely add Clairol to the mix.

What do you plan to do about any gray hairs?

No comments:

Post a Comment