Wednesday, December 12, 2012

christmas list - childhood version

"I don't want a lot for Christmas. There is just one thing I need..." Um speak for yourself Mariah Carey. I want a lot. Well my inner child wants a lot for Christmas. A few weeks ago I received the Target, Walmart and American Girl toy catalogs, and the 7-year-old inside of me squealed with glee. I immediately went to work at circling all the things I, uh a yonger version of me, would want. I'm happy to see toy catalogues are still filled with toys. Apparently the children still like them. Of course there were a few tablets thrown in the mix as well, but they were definitely kid-friendly. If I was a child today my Christmas list would look something like this:
1. Monster High Clawdeen Wolf Scary Tales, Skull Shores or Ghouls Rule Doll - We all know a Clawdeen Wolf doll would be at the top of the list. I own two, and I'm not even a child. Who cares about Barbie? Little Toni wants a Monster High Doll.
2. Disney Princess Digital Camera - I used to love taking pictures as a child and would get a camera every few years. That was back in the day when you had to develop rolls of film. Imagine (little) me with a digital one.
3. Cake Pop Maker - I had an Easy Bake Oven. It didn't really work right. All I ever made was fudge. But I just know a cake pop maker would be so much better.
4. Creativity for Kids Fashion Headbands - I used to think I was artsy and craftsy as a child (I wasn't). I made key chains, decorative pot holders, vases, paintings and more to express myself as an "artist." None of my "art" was that great." With this gift I would at least be able to wear my own artwork.
5. Kid Made Modern Diary Kit or Monster High Password Journal - I love journals as an adult. Of course younger me would want one. And if it was password protected I wouldn't have to worry about my mother reading it.
6. Fibber game - For some reason I used to always request games that nobody actually wanted to play with me (at least regularly). Nevertheless I kept requesting them. It wasn't until my brother reached about 3 when I had a regular Monopoly and Game of Life partner.
7. My American Girl Doll (with dark skin, curly dark brown hair, brown eyes, pierced ears and glasses) - Back in the day you couldn't create your own American Girl Doll. They already had them set up with a specific look. I loved all the books but didn't really want any of the doll options. But now you can make a personalized one. The 7-year-old me really wants one (OK 27-year-old me wants one too).

No comments:

Post a Comment