Tuesday, December 29, 2015

New Year Foods

I just finished chatting with Papa Smurf who was in the store buying black eyed peas for New Year's Day. Naturally that made me think about foods to commemorate the day. Or more specifically what everyone in my family wants on the menu. We are a varied group.


 Ma Dukes wants a low country boil with crabs, shrimp, eggs, potatoes, corn and sausage. My dad wants the traditional trimmings - cornbread, greens, hamhocks. My brother doesn't live for food like the rest of us, so he has no suggestions. He'll probably drink a health shake. 

Personally I'd like all the above with some chitlings, rice and  yellow cake with chocolate icing. But I'm not cooking, and will eat whatever they make. 

What's on your New Year's Day menu?

No comments:

Post a Comment