Wednesday, January 25, 2012

my favorite things ii

Several years ago for the July 29, 2009 Writing Wednesday I posted a few of my favorite things. If Oprah can do it, so can I. Unfortunately, I’m not at the point in my life where I can give my favorite things out to everyone. Stay tuned. It will happen one day. Until then, here’s a list of what I’m digging right now.


Leonid McGill series by Walter Mosley. I thought nothing could compare to the Easy Rawlins series which features “Devil in a Blue Dress” and 10 other books. Then I read “The Long Fall.” There are a total of four books in this series so far, and I plan on reading each one. I still love me some Easy Rawlins, but I hear Mosley is done with the series. That’s fine with me. I’m team Leonid now.

Satin pillowcase. My daddy bought a satin pillowcase for my birthday (via a gift card he gave me). I love, love, love sleeping on it. I have a satin scarf and bonnet, but if I don’t wear them or they come off at night, I wake up looking a hot mess. The satin pillow case helps keep my hair from drying out and preserves my hair styles from frizzies.

All My Jams Station on iHeartRadio. I used to listen to The Beat but I got tired of all the Rap and Hip Hop. One day I saw this station and enjoyed the musical journey. It plays today’s R&B, such as Beyonce’s “Party,” and the best Old School, such as “Slow Jam” by Midnight Star. I’m an old soul at heart.

Grimm and Once Upon a Time. The fantasy world has taken over my TV watching. Normally I’m not into dramas and watch only sitcoms, but these shows have me hooked. I’ve always loved fairy tales and both shows bring them to life.

Inuyasha. Anime is life. I want to go to Japan because of this show. It may be a cartoon, but it hits on some heavy topics, such as family ties, past loves and rivalries.

Dresses. There used to be a time you wouldn’t catch me in a dress. Then my friends Ceetastic and Miz Barnes picked out a few that showed off my curves. Now I am in love. Dresses just feel so much better than pants. I’ve been missing out all these years.

The Message Bible. I’m currently working on reading thought the Bible in a year. I’ve read the King James and New King James versions but wanted to try something new. The Message is the truth. It makes scriptures come alive and breaks down the verses better for today's understanding.

Ozzy. He is NOT my cat and belongs to the awesome Katie, my roommate. Yet we bonded. We have discussions, watch Inuyasha together and cuddle on my satin pillowcase. I didn't consider myself a cat lover until meeting Ozzy.

Loofah pad. My skin is starting to feel a lot smoother since I started using one on my face. I need to get a big one for the rest of my body.

Barefruit Company Touched by HEM hair butter and daily moisturizing spray. Ma Dukes bought me this duo for Christmas. Both smell like sunshine and happiness mixed with a couple of sprinkles and joy. It’s all-natural with no harmful ingredients.

Old t-shirts. These days I use old t-shirts to dry my hair instead of towels. I read it was much better for your hair, and honestly I can see a difference. It also helps avoid frizzies and preserves my curls.

What are some of your favorite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment