Wednesday, May 30, 2012

bon appetite


I like to eat. There’s just no better way to put it. I like dinner. I like lunch. I like breakfast. Basically I like every meal (though I am not into snacking). Sadly my love for eating does not help my waistline. Gone are the days when I was carless and walked everywhere. That helped keep my much smaller. My brother says we should eat to live, not live to eat. I’m working on it. But there is just so much good food out there. Will I get the opportunity to taste it all? I just don’t know. But please believe I am trying.


Yummy!


I’m not sure when this love for food began. I think it was a few years post-college. Weekends with my girls used to consist of heading out for a night on the town to dance our cares away. Then we graduated from college, started working and made some cash. Now many of our get-togethers are focused on trying new places to eat. And it’s always some magnificent place where the food touches your stomach, and soul, but mostly your stomach.



I sometimes jokingly refer to myself as a foodie. Actually I’m far from it. Being a foodie involves too much work. Foodies are amateurs who simply love food for consumption, study, preparation, and news. In actuality I’m more of a gourmand, a person who takes great pleasure in food. I’m not one for cooking, since it stresses me. But I particularly enjoy trying food at new places that aren’t chain restaurants. It can be a low-key place such as Ray’s Deli in Lake City (one of my favorite haunts) or Soul Vegetarian (which features the best vegan soul food ever). Or it can be somewhere upscale such as Espeto Brazilian Steakhouse (they have a butternut squash to die for). Hole in the wall, or big production I don’t care.



I just want to travel the city, state, nation and world eating at various places. But of course I must balance my love of food with exercise. If I become the 2,000 pounds. lady I won’t be able to get into new and exciting restaurants. That’s just not good. I must get to the food. Now who wants to tell me where it’s at? New restaurant suggestions are always welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Well do your thang, Miss Missy. I KNOW I'm a foody, but I had to cut down. I'm a walking, eating machine. And although it doesn't show, one day it will.

    Chap

    ReplyDelete