Tuesday, January 13, 2015

praise habit

These last few days were starting to look like Toni's Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Week. I was in pain, lost my debit card and was told some concerning medical news. It was just getting to be too much for me, so I cried last night and went to bed.

I am happy to say today things are much better. Granted I'm still in pain, but not as bad as before. And I found my debit card. That was a huge weight off my shoulder considering I leave tomorrow for a cruise.

Sometimes I seem to forget that God is in control, and I just need to turn it all over to Him. Finding my debit card and my pain getting better reminded me of that fact. So right now I'm giving God praise for helping me through my situation. For some it might seem minor, but it's the little things.

But it's not simply enough to give Him praise when things get better or going well. A song I really like is "In the Middle" by Issac Carree. The chorus simply states, "Praise Him anyway. In the middle of it." "It" being anything good or bad you're experiencing.

One habit I am working one is praising God no matter the circumstance. Of course it's easier said then done. Bad as I was feeling lately, all I wanted to do was cry out to God for help, not praise Him. I am learning praise should be my first response especially when I'm going through.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you're back in the habit of blogging! And glad that you have a praise on your lips :)

    ReplyDelete