Wednesday, January 14, 2015

smoothie habit

A couple of years ago I developed a fondness for green smoothies. Not only are they delicious, but there are health benefits.

This year I started back making a smoothie for breakfast every morning. Unfortunately it's cold, but I am sticking to this habit.

It took me several tries to get the write recipe together. I  love spinach and eat it any way possible. It is at the heart of  my go to smoothie for breakfast. Right now I'm experimenting with using kale instead of spinach. It's interesting to say the least. I like kale, but it can be somewhat overpowering to the rest of the fruit.

At any rate, give this a try:

2 handfuls of spinach
1 cup of frozen mixed fruit
1 banana
8 oz of apple juice
1/2 cup of oatmeal
7 pieces of ice


No comments:

Post a Comment