Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The mum of all fears

There are just some things you don’t do to your parents. Talking back is a big no-no of course. It’s also against the child rules to not obey them. Perhaps the worst thing possible is hitting your parents. I read this report on AP News Tuesday:

FORT MYERS, Fla. — Authorities in southwest Florida say a 17-year-old girl pointed a gun at her mother, pistol-whipped her and forced her to drive to a dealership to buy her a used car.
The sheriff's office in Lee County said Monday that the teen has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill, among other counts, and was being held at a juvenile detention center. The Associated Press doesn't identify minors charged with juvenile crimes.
According to officials, the mother said she didn't want to press charges because her daughter had been accepted to several Ivy League schools.
Authorities said they decided to arrest the teenager after learning that the gun had been stolen last year. The teen was not charged in that crime.

Stop the presses! Who does that? Who pistol-whips their mama for a car? Better yet, what parents allow their children to even pistol-whip them? There is something extremely wrong with the children of today. They have no type of respect for their parents. Actually, forget respect. They don’t have the fear.

The fear makes me flinch if I even think about saying a curse word around my parents. The fear keeps me respectful to them. Furthermore the fear keeps me from rolling up on one of my parents like that girl. The fear hasn’t diminished in 26 years. It just gets stronger. I am still scared of what my parents might do to me, especially my mother. Whereas my daddy might yell about something, she would probably knock me out. I can picture it now. Ma Dukes says something I don’t like and I roll my eyes. The next thing you know, I’m being rolled into a hospital with no eyes.

That girl’s mother did not instill the fear. She might want to start now by pressing charges. Big Shirley in lockdown will definitely teach her the fear.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I didn't know WHAT to think when I heard about that story. I hate to say it, but the first I said was, "they can't be black".

    I mean, who does that? What kind of Mom allows herself to be gunned into going all the way to the dealership, signing for the car and making it all the way home? Then she didn't want to press charges either? Not my Mama. She would've slapped the taste out my mouth as soon as she detected a fingernail of hostility from me. *Kanye shrugs*


    ~Chappy
    www.insaneasylumblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I was wondering the same myself. Then again some of my little cousins will prolly be beating up on their mamas in a few years.

    ReplyDelete