Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sounds of the season part I

Even snowmen sing Christmas songs.
Now that Thanksgiving is over, let the Christmas music begin. My second favorite holiday of the year is Christmas. There are so many fabulous songs which call to my soul. All I want to do is sing. Here are some of my favorite songs of the holidays.

Twelve Days of Christmas – Every year in my elementary school chorus we sung this song. I always wanted to sing the nine ladies dancing part.

Jingle Bells – I’ve never rode in a one horse open sleigh but this song makes it sound so much fun.

Deck the Halls – This song is a favorite because of the fa la la la la la la la part.

Up on the House Top – Ho Ho Ho who wouldn’t love this song?

We Wish You a Merry Christmas – I think of this as the quintessential Christmas song. And it gives a shout out to New Year’s

Silver Bells – Whether you live in a city or small town, this song lets you know it’s Christmas.

Sleigh Ride – I so want to go on a sleigh ride with some handsome chap. I blame this song.

Feliz Navidad – Me gusta this song. It’s muy caliente.

Jingle Bell Rock – Once in elementary school a group of students, yours truly included, danced a jig to this song. I’ve loved it ever since.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – This was another song we always performed in chorus.

The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) - I love the Nat King Cole version. This is my favorite Christmas song of all time.

Santa Claus Is Coming to Town - When little Michael Jackson sings this song I feel as if Santa Claus will appear at any moment.

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus– I also love this song because of MJ. No one believed him when he said he saw Mommy kissing Santa.

This Christmas – The soulful voice of Donnie Hathaway makes this my second favorite Christmas song of all times.

All I Want for Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey doesn’t want a lot for Christmas. And neither do I, except to hear this song.

The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) -  Alvin and the Chipmunks make this song so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment